Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Beat by Vi Keeland

Beat


From New York Times and USA Today Bestseller Vi Keeland comes a steamy new standalone novel about a rockstar. Or two.

Dimpled smile of a boy
Hard body of a man
Sings like an angel
Fucks like the devil

I was stuck between a rock(star) and a hard place.

At fifteen, his poster hung on my bedroom wall. At twenty-five his body hovered over mine. Every girl’s fantasy became my reality. I was dating a rockstar. Yet I was slowly falling for another man. The problem was—the two men—they shared a tour bus. 

Flynn Beckham was the opening act.
Dylan Ryder was the headliner.

What happens when the opening act begins to shine so bright, it seems to dim everything else in its wake?

I’ll tell you what happens. Things get ugly.






We first meet Flynn in Throb. 
He’s an up and coming rockstar, looking for love. 
He seemed sweet enough and genuine enough.. but is he really???

YES! Yes, he really is!!! 
I am in love with Flynn!

Vi Keeland knows how to write a book boyfriend, let me tell you!

 Flynn is beautiful, has dimples…dimples ladies, and he can sing!
He’s a gentleman, sweet and caring.
He's also an amazing uncle, funny, charismatic and HOT!

He reminds me a bit of Kellan... kind of. Not sure if I should make that comparison or not, but the charisma, the talent, morning chats over coffee, the torn between two men... it has that Thoughtless resemblance, but don't freak out people! 
This is SO not the same story.

This book is flirty, funny and sexy. There's one moment that I got actual tears in my eyes.. but then I went right back to laughing!

 I know I haven't mentioned Lucky yet, and she's an awesome chick.. but I'm kinda stuck on Flynn!




Lucky has been around music her entire life, with both of her parents being musicians. She was born to it.
She lives and breathes it. 
She works in it.
She falls for men who live it!

Lucky and Flynn have that certain je ne sais quoi  that draws them to each other.
I enjoyed their natural, easy going friendship, with their sexy innuendos and smokin' chemistry.
He is also so incredibly sweet with her. The way he takes care of her and is there for her, just melted my heart!

“Everyone needs that someone who will be that person for them.”


 I also loved the secondary characters. 
Little Laney was adorable, and Nolan is a trip! 
The banter between Flynn and his bandmate had me literally laughing out loud. 

To wrap it up.... Beat is another awesome book by Miss Keeland! It has everything I look for in a must read!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...