Friday, May 1, 2015

Hidden in Lies (Lies and Truth #1) by Rachael Duncan




Who needs love when you have money?
This has been my motto. This is who I am. Who I’m expected to be.
All of that changed when he walked into my life and made me question everything. As my personal security guard, I can’t escape him or the way he makes me feel.
He makes me laugh.
He makes me second guess my choices.
He makes me want more from life.
I hide in a bed of deception to disguise myself. It used to be enough, but now I’m not so sure.
Can I sacrifice those who depend on me for my own happiness?
I’m Elizabeth Fitzgerald.
I’m a Senator’s wife.
And I hate my life.







Elizabeth is the perfect Senator's wife. She's beautiful, articulate, accommodating, agreeable. 
The word "Stepford" comes to mind when thinking of her.

But is that truly Elizabeth? 
Nobody is the wiser.. until the day she meets him...

He makes her question everything. 
He makes her drop her guard and just let go.

"I swear to God he could melt panties with just the sound of his voice."


I enjoyed this story very much. There's an air of mystery. What exactly is she hiding, why is she hiding.. and is she the only one hiding something?? 

Elizabeth is a strong character. At times, I wanted to slap some sense into her, but then again, I knew she did what she did for good reason.
Cal, the Senator, is handsome, commanding, highly intelligent and frankly.. a complete asshole!
Alex has beautiful blue eyes. He's ex-military, strong, protective and the only one that seems to bring out the real Elizabeth. 

"This is wrong... but all rational thinking flies out the window while he's caressing me with his lips and holding me to him."

I got the feeling throughout the story that things weren't always what they seemed... and then you're hit with the ending!!! Whaaaa??

Yep, there's a cliffy... but I hear book two is on its way!



Amazon


               





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...