Friday, May 1, 2015

Raw (RAW Family #1) by Belle Aurora






Growing up the way I did, you’d think I’d be more screwed up than what I actually am.

Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street.

Best decision I ever made.

Now, at the age of twenty six, I’m educated, employed and damn good at my job.

My friends have become my family. Like me, they know what it’s like to grow up unloved.

But the saying is true.

The world makes way for those who know where they are going.

That’s me.

I know where I’m going and I’ll get there eventually. On my own terms and at my own pace.

But then there’s him.

I feel his eyes on me. I see him hiding in plain sight. He watches me.

He makes me feel.

It’s unconventional.

But it’s real.

I’m sure you’re wondering how a person falls in love with their stalker.

So am I.

This isn’t a story.

This is my life




Ok, Belle Aurora, you got me again!! 

I was very excited to read Raw, hearing how different, gritty, emotional, disturbing and just how amazing it was. 

Unfortunately about 19% into it I gave up!! I just couldn't handle Lexi. What was she thinking?? To quote directly from the story...
"This whole situation...it's fucking ridiculous!"

BUT.. 
I was persuaded by friends to continue.. 
so I did.

Let me start from the beginning...
It immediately got my attention and interest. It started of sweet and incredibly sad…


Then it turned into a mix of crazy stalking


And crazy erotic moments between a brooding, twisted asshole and a naive innocent goofball!


I still didn’t understand, nor did I like Lexi. I have to say though, I was intrigued enough by Twitch to read on. 

UGH the name Twitch just drove me crazy. I mean, Twitch?
This guy's name is Twitch... 



Not this guy...



The story greatly improved once their relationship evolved. I found myself laughing at Lexi's internal dialogue and at the silly things she did. I also enjoyed the addition of Lexi's friends Nikki and Dave to include Happy. 

"And rainbow fairies are pretty damn happy.Well, if they're not, they should be. They make rainbows for chrissakes!"

"a place like this pulls at your good and sparkle. And I like your sparkle."


Ok, that second quote wasn't supposed to be funny.. but all I could think about was Tierra from the Bachelor shouting "you have a sparkle Tierra, don't let those girls take your sparkle!"


The story continued to be a little shady, disturbing, sexy, funny and then we got a mixture of sweetness and a shock of sadness I wasn't expecting.


Yes, I cried! Not once, but twice!!


In the end, it wasn't the happily ever after fairy tale a lot of us saps want... but things happened the way I pretty much expect them to end.



Overall I can say that I'm glad I continued on and finished the book. Although it was a rough start, it got much better and I rather enjoyed it.




           Amazon









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...