Monday, March 21, 2016

Finley by Ella Frank


Finley

It's time to come home, Finn. 
It’s been seven years since Daniel Finley left his hometown in Florida for the hustle and bustle of Chicago’s city life. Since then, he’s worked hard for his position at the prestigious law firm Leighton & Associates, even when it’s caused distance and isolation from his family and friends. But that’s all about to change. On his thirtieth birthday, he receives the one thing he never dared hope for. Something that was promised to him years earlier—a note. One simple sentence from the man he’s never been able to forget.   

Six words will forever change the course of their lives. 

Brantley Hayes has it all. Or so he thinks. When he first made the decision to take a job down in Florida, his family thought he was crazy. But, after years of living in the quiet beach town, he finally feels a sense of community. He’s surrounded himself with friends who are like family, has a job he loves, and owns a spectacular beachfront property that is his sanctuary. Yet he still feels unfulfilled, as if a piece of the puzzle is missing, and he knows exactly which piece it is. On an impulse, he follows through with a promise he made years earlier. A promise to call home the one he sent away.   

Nothing is as simple as it seems. 

After years of separation, the former lovers are reunited, but Brantley wasn’t expecting to encounter the high walls now guarding Daniel’s heart. Daniel may not be the same person he was when he left, but he knows that the first step to healing is the note in his hand.  

Finley!
He's the cocky, arrogant, sexy guy we met in The Temptation Series.. and yes, he was that... and we got that, but we got so much more!

This was the sweetest of love stories. They've been pining away for each other all these years.
What started as an intense, forbidden attraction turned into a lifelong love.

Brantley did what he did all those years ago out of love, never thinking things would turn out the way they did.
Finn on the other hand felt betrayed, abandoned, and unbelievably hurt.

UGH, the  feelings and emotions this story brought out in me were intense.

"You slay me."

The story is told in alternating povs as well as a back and forth of past and present.
I LOVED it!
As much tenderness and emotion I felt from this story I can not not talk about the fact that this is an Ella Frank book after all, and when I say that, you know where I'm going! 

"Those were not puppy-dog eyes. They were fuck-me eyes if ever I've seen them."


It was hot as all hell!!
Good god did these two turn me on as much as they did each other! Scorching!

Two things I haven't mentioned yet, and then I'll let you read it for yourself!
One... 
get some tissues. You'll need them. In more ways than one, but I digress! 
I cried. A few times. 
It was that heartfelt and tender!

"You're going to break my heart, aren't you?"

And Two...
we got a sneaky peak at Logan and Tate!!! Yep, all I'll say is those delicious boys make an appearance!
Now.. off you go to purchase Finley for yourselves!

Amazon US / UK







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...