Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Bleeding Love (Hope Town, #2) by Harper Sloan


Blurb 
I've loved once. I gave everything that I had to that love. Blindly believing that nothing could ever take that feeling away from me. Away from us. And when my little world of happiness was ripped from my fingers, I felt a loss that still haunts me to this day.
Now I use that lingering grief as a shield to keep my heart from loving again. It's that fear that keeps me from letting anyone, except my daughter, get close enough to make it hurt. To make my heart bleed when I inevitably lose again.
Until the day I met Liam Beckett and everything I thought I had protected myself from was shoved back in my face. 
He's on a mission to prove to me that a love worth having is a love worth fighting for.
*Bleeding Love is the second book in the Hope Town series. It will follow Liam and Megan. Each book in the series is a HEA and can be read as a standalone.*


     My Review

This story is told in dual pov, both Megan and Liam have their say.

If you've read the Corps Security books, then you know that these men are Alphas! 
Liam is Beck's baby boy.. not so baby really, but still, he's a Beckett.. which means Alpha to the core!

Megan has been surviving, but not living and Liam has been admiring her from afar, just waiting for her to wake up and take notice. 
When he gets his foot in the door, so to speak, he doesn’t stop until he gets what he’s after.
Megan. 
He wants to show her what it's like to feel. What it's like to live, and ultimately to love again.
He does all this in the only way he knows. By making her his!


Lots of 'mine' and 'baby'.

Hot, take me now moments ...

"If you don't want me to take you back to my house, strip you naked and fuck you until you can't walk for weeks, then say so now, because the second I have you I won't be letting go."

... as well as good ole' heart to hearts.

There's also some cutesy talk with Megan's daughter who just loves to bring all these Alpha men to their knees... where she then paints their toenails!

This book has a family reunion feel to it as well. 
Just about everyone from both the Corps Security and Hope Town series' are present. 
But if you haven't read the other books, do not panic. You'll be perfectly fine reading this as a standalone. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...