Thursday, July 16, 2015

Designated Alpha by Crissy Smith

Designated Alpha


Blurb 


Piper’s happily ever after has been postponed. Destiny is funny like that.


In Last Call, Piper Maxwell revealed her true self to her mate, Jace Anderson. After fighting to survive the night on which her biggest secret was exposed, Piper believed she’d get her happily ever after. Too bad fate had other plans.


Jace would do anything to protect Piper. Finding out who and what Piper truly is seems like the best way to help. Unbeknownst to Jace, though, the more he seeks answers, the bigger the risk he’s putting Piper and himself in.


All Piper wanted was to run the bar Jace owned and make her home with the man she loves. Now she’s being stalked by a scared young man, Jace’s best friend is looking into her past while staying with them, and they have a meeting with a stranger who shares Piper’s abilities. Things are changing rapidly and Piper finds herself struggling to understand what is really going on with her.


Nothing is what it appears to be as Piper and Jace are captured and held hostage. The only way they’ll be able to survive this time is if Piper can keep her newest and largest secret yet from the man who holds their lives in his hands. 

Publisher's Note: This book follows the events in Last Call by Crissy Smith and is best read in sequence.



Review


This was my first read by Crissy Smith and also only my second ever shifter/werewolf book.
I enjoyed it!

Piper is struggling with what she is. A werewolf.
Along with her boyfriend Jace, they embark on a journey of knowledge. They need to know more, yet who can they trust?
Along the way they run into many dangers and well as new allies. 

There's action and suspense.
There's also a strong sense of family, love, friendship, and devotion.

There was a lot of sexy time going on too. 
A tad too much for me.. I know, even I can't believe I said it, but there was! 
Piper and Jace are bonded and so in love that I get it, I do,  but I got it the first 5 times!

What I didn't know was that this is book 2 in a series, so this is the book I read first. 
Yes, heed the *publishers note. I didn't see that and I don't read blurbs! So that was on me.
But I was ok. Yes, I felt like I had missed something, how they met and how their connection was established.. but bits and pieces were given so it was easy to follow along.
BUT, if I'd have known, I would have definitely read the first book first!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...