Sunday, July 5, 2015

Insider by Olivia Cunning


Insider (Exodus End, #1)



 Toni wants to be an insider.

Logan just wants inside her.

She’s finally ready to rock...
Toni Nichols set aside her dreams to raise her little sister, but now she's reaching for the stars as the creator of a revolutionary interactive biography about Exodus End. She’s on tour with the rock band to immerse herself in their world, but how will she ever gain the trust of four veteran superstars who've been burned by the media before? Nobody said this was going to be easy. Then again, good things can come in hard packages.

He's always ready to roll…
Adrenaline junkie Logan Schmidt lives for the rush of playing his bass guitar before thousands of screaming fans. When he's not performing onstage or in the bedroom, he's looking for his next thrill in extreme sports. So why does a sweet, innocent journalist get his heart pumping and capture his full attention? Is Toni the real deal or just digging up dirt on his band? Logan’s eager to rock Toni’s world and roll her in the sack, but when she starts to get too close to his heart, she takes her insider look to a place he may never be willing to go.






I was SO excited to read this book and beyond thrilled to receive an advanced copy!
We first learned of the Exodus End band in the Sinners books. When Olivia announced she was writing more books, I about fell out of my chair!!

Toni is a shy, reclusive and very naive young woman. She's extremely smart and talented, but lacks experience in many fields.
When she's thrust onto a tour bus with hot and delicious rockstars, her entire world changes.

Logan is the blonde, ladies-man, hottie bass player of the band. He has an immediate attraction to Toni and an undeniable connection.

For me, I just didn't understand Toni. Her thoughts and actions just didn't add up. Also, one of the things I liked most was also one of the things I didn't like! I'm a weirdo, I know.
I felt like this was a huge recap of all the characters from both series'. Most everyone was there and discussed. Now, while I enjoyed revisiting with everyone, I felt as though there was too much of everyone else!
Getting to Toni and Logan's relationship, I think it progressed extremely fast and was just a bit silly at times.
There were moments of angst and sadness along with the trademark Cunning sexiness.. but overall, for me, it wasn't what I had hoped.

Unfortunately maybe I was a little too excited and had extremely high hopes.
 Regardless... I enjoyed getting a glimpse into the world of Exodus End and am definitely going to be anxiously twiddling my thumbs while I wait for the next installment.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...