Monday, November 16, 2015

More Than Enough (More Than Series, Book 5) by Jay McLean



Blurb

There’s no emotion greater than fear.
No ache greater than grief.
No sound greater than silence.

***
I’m grateful he showed up on my doorstep, 
pissed off and angry at the world.
If he hadn’t, I wouldn’t be here.
And I don’t just mean here on this journey with him.
I mean here, in this world.

*
I wonder what events in all our lives—hers included—are The Turning Points? The points where we all determine that the fear of our pasts and the uncertainty of our futures are greater than our need for happiness.
Here.
Now.
While time and everything around us stands unmoving… who’s to say we can’t have it all?

***
We wanted it all.
We wanted it with each other.
We thrived on the chaos we created.
And ignored the Mayhem that ensued.
Because falling in love was easy.
But sometimes, love isn’t enough.



My Review





"Sometimes you need to have nightmares to appreciate the dreams."

I am a HUGE More Than series fan!!!
Couldn't wait to read Dylan's story. Add to the fact that he's in the military.... instant hells yes!!

I loved the way it started! Such a sad beginning. 
My heart completely broke for Riley and what she went through.

Dylan was awesome! He's a marine. Enough said!! ;)
He's kind, considerate, beautiful and not as quiet as everything thinks he is! He has his demons and his insecurities, but he loves with his whole heart and I love that about him.

I'm not going to go into detail, just know that this book has an abundance of grief and loss. There's sadness and pain, but luckily in true Jay McLean fashion, there's books, there's friendship and laughter, there's love and there's mayhem!!!! 
Get ready to laugh!
I enjoyed the inclusion of all previous characters. They're one big family of course and this wouldn't be a More book without them.

About the grief and sadness?? You'll need tissues for sure!! 
I cried my eyes out!

"Because is and was is the difference between time standing still, and time moving forward."

This book is a lesson in acceptance. Overcoming the hardships life throws your way.  
And it kills me to not give 5 stars, but although I cried like a baby AND laughed out loud, there were a couple moments I just didn't feel or agree with.
Nonetheless, awesome story and end to the More Than Series!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...