Friday, February 19, 2016

One Day Soon by A. Meredith Walters

One Day Soon


**Standalone Contemporary Romance**

He found me in blood and tears. 
I stayed with him through darkness and fire. 

We loved each other in the moment between innocence and bitter truth. 
We were the kids easily ignored, who grew into adults we hardly knew. 

We weren’t meant to last forever. And we didn’t. 

He ran away. 
I tried to move on. 

Yet I never stopped thinking about the boy who had fought to keep me alive in a world that would have swallowed me whole. He was the past that I buried, but never forgot. 

Until the day I found him again, years after believing I had lost him forever. 

And in cold, resentful eyes, I saw the heart of the man who had been everything when I had nothing at all. So I vowed to hold onto the second chance that was stolen from the children we had been. 

Sometimes fate is ugly. Life can be twisted. 
And who we are can be ruined by who we once were. 

For two people who had survived so much, we would have to learn how to hold on before we were forced to let go.



To me, a review is not for me to describe in detail what this book is about. 
You can read that in the blurb! 
My job is to express how I felt. What I did and didn't enjoy.

That being said... there are no words! 
Without a doubt, I can not express how heartbreaking and beautiful this story truly is!
How did I feel about it? I absolutely loved it. Hiccup inducing tears and all!

"A happy story doesn't always have a happy ending"

Oh the tears!!!!!!!!!!! Get yourselves a box of tissues and some Tylenol!! 
You are definitely going to need it.

This story was so incredibly sweet, tender and gut-wrenching all at once.
Their love, their bond!! Unbelievable!

Everything Yoss did he did for those he loved. To take care of them, to protect them!!

The angst was agonizing!

"Life takes turns that we don't expect and even the best of us can end up in a place we never expected."

The story goes back and forth between past and present and I'm not always a big fan of that, but it worked. And truth be told, you needed a bit of the break you got to get you from one place to another.

"Because one day soon, I promise you that all this ugly will become something beautiful."

A Meredith Walters is an amazingly talented author. I can always count on her to deliver powerful, heartfelt stories!
Her writing has me so invested in her characters, making my emotions work overtime!

Heartbreaking and unbelievably beautiful!!
If I could give it more than 5 stars, I would!
Must read!!!

"Seize the moments you're given, otherwise the world will eat you up and spit you out."

Amazon US / UK




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...