Wednesday, May 27, 2015

ShutterGirl (The Hollywood Project #1) by C.D. Reiss



ONE movie star on the cusp of greatness
ONE broken girl who touched him
TEN years to forget her
A MILLION stories in Hollywood
-----------
I am not hurt.

I don’t need a second chance with him, or a life I thought I had.

While he was out forgetting me to become a movie star, I was building a career out of nothing. A career as a paparazzi, but a career. For a foster kid who bounced around every home in Los Angeles, that wasn’t easy.

This camera is all I have.

He’s nothing to me. Every time I take his picture and sell it, I remind myself that I did it all without him or his approval, his cinnamon smell or his clear green eyes. He lights up the screen like a celestial body, but he’s nothing but a paycheck to me.

He can throw my camera off a balcony, and nothing has to change. We can stay king and queen of the same city, and different worlds.

Except this is Hollywood, and here, anything can happen.





Laine portrays a tough, no nonsense girl on the outside, especially in a job dominated by men.
But, inside she's most often anything but. 
There's a sad vulnerable side to her that will tug at your heart.

Laine and Michael come from complete opposite sides of the tracks. 
They did then, and they most certainly still do now.

"You don't let the wolves into the hen house."

Yes, they went to the same high school, but Laine didn't grow up a celebrity, with a silver spoon in her mouth like he did. She was a lonely little girl who bounced from home to home trying to hang on to any shred of normalcy and love she could get her hands on.
She thought she'd found it, finally, in the eyes of a beautiful boy at school who held her hand. Until one day he was gone.

Michael is beautiful,  kind and generous. He's also a  mega star born and bred. Everyone expects him to behave a certain way and he's tried to fit that mold, his needs and wants be damned!
Until Laine.

"I spend a lot of energy worrying what people think. It's in the job description. But what I felt with you was real."

A second chance love story that will give you an inside glimpse into the crazy lives of both the paps and celebs. 

This story was different. To me it seemed as though it was but a snippet of something much bigger. I'm not sure how to explain it and there's nothing wrong at all with that, because  I loved it. 
It just has a different flow to it. 
It was sweet and intriguing as well as sexy while subtle.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...