Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A Cry for Hope (Hope, #1) by Beth Rinyu


Hope McAdams life as she knew it ended on the same day that her eight year old son’s did. 

Eight months later she's trying to regain some semblance of normality, while trying to repair her once perfect marriage to a man who was her best friend, but now a complete stranger. Coming to the painful realization that she must fix the hole that’s deep within her heart, she goes home to the place that she grew up in hopes that time and distance will heal her wounds and lead her back to the man she loves. 

Nick Abate is an old friend of Hope’s whose heart is also on the mend. He’s home on leave from the Marines, and when he and Hope reconnect, their friendship picks up right where they left off, years ago. They both begin to heal and feel whole again with the help of each other. But when their friendship crosses the line, will Hope be able to forgive herself and move on, or will the guilt that she is harboring once again cause her to slip back into the place that she has just escaped? 

What happens when two tortured souls place their trust in each other? Will they find their way back to the ones they love or will their hearts remain connected forever? 

*Book one of a two part series (can be read as a stand alone)




Heed the warning!! Must have full box of tissues before reading this book!

Beth Rinyu never lets me down. I heard she had a new book coming out, synopsis be damned, I added it to my tbr list!
I don't care what it's about. Beth could write about Honey Boo Boo buying a new dress and I would buy it, read it, love it and cry my eyes out!!!
Imagine my luck, receiving an ARC!!! I was over the moon! 

I had everything that I ever wanted... a beautiful child, a great husband, and a perfect home. Now I had nothing. My heart, my soul, and the reason that I breathed, my Charlie, was gone.



Oh My Gawd did I cry!! This is a beautifully written emotional journey of overcoming tragedy, finding solace in unexpected places and learning to celebrate life.
Yes it is emotional and heart-wrenching, but there is also love, friendship and laughter. Oh and lets not forget the steam!

I loved each and every character and what they brought to the story as well as the different relationships throughout. The love between a parent and child, husband and wife, and between best friends. The writing is so believable and relateable that you can't help but become attached and emotionally invested in the characters.

Happiness is the most important thing in the world. Life is too short to live without it.

I want you to go in blindly like I did, so I won't say more than I need to.
Read this book!!
5 stars all the way!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...