Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Longest Ride The Movie


Based on the bestselling novel by master storyteller Nicholas Sparks, THE LONGEST RIDE centers on the star-crossed love affair between Luke, a former champion bull rider looking to make a comeback, and Sophia, a college student who is about to embark upon her dream job in New York City's art world. As conflicting paths and ideals test their relationship, Sophia and Luke make an unexpected and fateful connection with Ira, whose memories of his own decades-long romance with his beloved wife deeply inspire the young couple. Spanning generations and two intertwining love stories, THE LONGEST RIDE explores the challenges and infinite rewards of enduring love.
Written by 20th Century Fox




Where do I start?

Cowboy 
Cowboy boots
Cowboy hat
Belt buckle
Tight jeans
Bull rider
Scott Eastwood
Need I say more?  Not really... but I will.



I am a longtime Nicholas Sparks fan. I have read The Notebook, Dear John, Nights in Rodanthe, The Best of Me, The Lucky One, The Rescue, The Guardian, A Bend in the Road.. like I said, I'm a fan.
But this book I have not had the pleasure of reading, YET! I'm not sure if it's better to read the book first or watch the movie first. What do you think?



Sometimes when a book is made into a movie, there are scenes that don't make it onto the big screen. The actors may not be how you personally pictured them to be.
There might even be scenes that are completely unlike the way they were written in the book.... leaving you whispering "wait a minute, that didn't happen". 
But, I didn't get to experience this book thru the words of Nicholas Sparks first... so this review is NOT a comparison, it is simply my thoughts on the film alone.



The Longest Ride is two-for! Because not only do you get one love story, but you get two! This is the journey of both couples and how their lives intertwine.



Ira and Ruth's journey takes you back in time. Their story is told thru letters spanning 70 years. We're taken back to the 40s, the war, and the tragedies these two endured. 
This couple had love, laughter and passion. 
They are the reason I shed a tear. 
Alan Alda!
When he cried... I cried!


Luke and Sofia's story is told in the now. I am a sucker for cowboy stories... and to have one come to life on the big screen was mouthwatering for me!


Scott Eastwood is HOT! 
Ok, we'll come back to that.



Luke is endearing. He's a good old fashion country gentleman. He was sweet, kind and prideful.  
And HOT! 
That man, on the big screen, in those tight jeans and cowboy hat, fulfilled every fantasy I have ever had!!! ;) I don't know what Luke is like in the book... but I tell you what... he is definitely who I will be picturing in my mind when I read it!



Sofia. She is sweet, sassy and has a goal in place. She's not looking for love. When she stumbles upon Ira's letters.. a love story is exactly what she finds herself in the middle of.



There was playfulness, humor, tragedy, sexiness, chemistry and romance. 
I shed a tear or two (would have all out cried at one point, if my husband wasn't with me) and I also think I caught a quick glimpse of Eastwood's rear!! 
Did y'all catch that? I'm going to have to go back and watch it again!!



5 stars in my book!
I loved it!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...