Thursday, April 16, 2015

Willing Captive by Belle Aurora




***Author Note: This is NOT a dark romance*** 

Delilah “Lily” Flynn is used to her drab existence. Lily’s been living it for twenty two years. 
Her boring life is suddenly turned on its head when she’s rudely kidnapped from her bedroom. 
Or so she thinks. 

Nox Taylor is far too high up in his field to be assigned a babysitting job. 
There’s nothing more he wants than to complete his mission so he can be rid of the smartass tomboy, Lily. 

Day after day, Nox watches Lily and her strange ways. She’s unlike any woman he’s ever met. 
Getting close to the girl is purely for her own protection…right? 

Lily never imagined she’d make her first real friends in captivity. 
What lengths would she go through to keep them? 

**This is a stand alone novel and is unrelated to Friend-Zoned**










So before I start on how much I liked this book, and I really did, I have to ask Belle Aurora... WHY?? 
In between all the funny and sexy dirty talk there's a completely ridiculous word thrown in that frankly is just idiotic!


Pee-pee!! 

Pee-pee?? 

Really? 

How old are you Lily?? 




And she clearly knew other words, as displayed in her little word fumble...




Lily- "What do you want to dick?" 

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. 

"What do you want to drink?" 

Nox- "A coke will do." 

Lily- "Sure babe. One cock. I mean cock. I mean coke!"



That part, among a few others, was a little heavy on the cheese!




And Boo?? 

BOO?




I really liked her character.... her name, not so much!



Ok, now that that is out of the way... I really did like this story!! haha

Seriously, but those couple of things were distracting to me and took away from the rest of it.




Lily meets Nox in an unconventional way.... when he kidnaps her! Or does he?? This instantly ignites a love/hate relationship. 



Lily is a virgin. In every way you can be!!

She's also sassy, spunky, curious and unknowingly beautiful.

Nox is rugged, unemotional, handsome and somewhat detached. Until Lily of course!



Kidnapping, blackmail, explosions, death... this story has all of that, but it's not gritty and suspenseful. Instead it's light and funny. 

Some parts are a tad silly and others pretty damn funny. There also comes a moment of sadness and pain to which I actually got teary eyed!

There's love and sweetness and sex! Not crazy hot monkey sex, but some sex nonetheless!



I enjoyed all the characters, including Rock and Boo. They were funny, sweet and had a great relationship. 

At times Lily annoyed me, but I got over it.



SO.... I really did enjoy this book and regardless of the placement of silly and totally ridiculous words, I shall read more from Belle Aurora!








                                                 Amazon










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...