Friday, April 3, 2015

Taking Shots (Assassins #1) by Toni Aleo





Elli Fisher has never thought she was good enough, let it be her job, her weight, her love life, nothing. That is until she meets Shea Adler. After doing a promotional shoot for the NHL team, the Assassins, she meets the hunky hockey player who shoots a puck, shattering her world.
Shea Adler was tired of the life he was living outside of the rink. The girls, the money blowing, the drinking, everything had to stop and it all did when he met Eleanor Fisher. He had never met anyone like her. She was feisty, witty, shy, and simply gorgeous. When he laid eyes on her, it was as if he was taking the hardest hit of his life into the boards, and he had to have her. Elli is a little skeptical of Shea, but he knows that they were meant to be together, and he needed her in his life. 
Can Elli throw her insecurities out the window and love Shea with everything inside of her, or will she let a past relationship, and her family ruin any chance of her being happy.



                   
                      
Shea Adler!!! YUM 



I loved this story SO much!! I was laughing from the beginning. I laughed, I swooned, I cringed, I cried! It can't get any better than that! Ok well the editing and grammar we'll talk about in a minute..

Elli and Shea meet when Elli was hired to photograph Shea's hockey team, The Assassins. But Elli knows exactly who Shea is. He's her favorite player. She wears his number, his jersey and has his pictures on her wall!
Elli is beautiful, shy, funny, successful, caring and a size 10! She thinks she is average, over weight, and nothing special. 

Shea is gorgeous, famous and a ladies man. He is also goofy, wears glasses, loves kids and his family.
Elli is nothing like the women he usually "dates" but he falls for her and he falls hard!

This story was awesome. I loved what a great bond Shea had with his sister and his family. They were sweet and funny. Shea was amazing! So sweet, thoughtful and loving. Very swoon worthy!!
Elli's family (not all) was terrible and their antics were just heart breaking.
Elli was so insecure and unsure of herself. I felt awful for her. At the same time she was unique, original and a very refreshing character! I loved her!
I enjoyed the secondary characters as well. There were many, but they all made the story worth while.

Now, onto the grammar and editing. OMG terrible!! The misuse of your and you're as well as then and than just killed me! I'm not an English major by any means but by God do I know the difference! Also the editing was atrocious! I sure hope Toni Aleo's other books were edited by a different person because I LOVE her writing and I WILL read more!!
That is the only reason I am not giving Taking Shots 5 stars, even though I really want to!!




              Amazon














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...