Friday, April 3, 2015

Reclaiming the Sand (Reclaiming the Sand #1) by A. Meredith Walters




Bully and victim.
Tormentor and tormented.
Villain and hero.
Ellie McCallum was a bully. No connection to anyone or anything. A sad and lonely existence for a young woman who had come to expect nothing more for herself. Her only happiness coming from making others miserable.
Particularly Freaky Flynn.
Flynn Hendrick lived a life completely disconnected even as he struggled to become something more than that boy with Asperger's. He was taunted and teased, bearing the brunt of systematic and calculated cruelty, ultimately culminating in a catastrophic turn of events that brought Ellie and Flynn’s worlds crashing down.
But then Flynn and Ellie grew up.
And moved on.
Until years later when their paths unexpectedly cross again and the bully and the freak are face to face once more.
When labels come to define you, finding yourself feels impossible. Particularly for two people disconnected from the world who inexplicably find a connection in each other.
And out of the wreckage of their tragic beginnings, an unlikely love story unfolds.
But a painful past doesn't always want to let go. And old wounds are never truly healed…and sometimes the further you try to run from yourself the closer you come to who you really are.

  

                                                          



I can't even put into words how much this book moved me, so I won't muck it up trying. What I can say is, Reclaiming the Sand will take you for a ride. A back and forth, up and down gut wrenching emotional roller coaster of a ride!


As per the blurb, yes, at times I hated Ellie with a passion as I did her friends. I just wanted to throttle them! But then there were moments when I understood her and felt for her.

Flynn on the other hand... I LOVED! 
He is different. He's misunderstood. He's picked on in the cruelest of ways. He has Asperger's.
I cried for Flynn for days. Each and every pov from Flynn broke my heart to pieces, plain and simple. 


It's taken me days to write this review, just because of Flynn's words.

"I was alone.

I was always alone.

I don't have friends.

I don't talk to anyone." 

This is an absolutely beautiful story of two misunderstood souls that will break your heart.

 I loved it!! MUST READ!


 







Amazon













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...