Friday, April 17, 2015

Arsen: A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher





One glance was all it took…

I'm a cheater.
I'm a liar.
My whole life is a mess.

I love a man.
No, I love two men…
I think.

One makes love to me. The other sets me on fire.
One is my rock. The other is my kryptonite.

I'm broken, lost, and disgusted with myself.

But I can't stop. This is my story.
My broken love story.


         

WOW! From the beginning to the end, Arsen is one big emotional roller coaster!


I cried, I cringed, I cried again. It was incredibly sexy and somewhat erotic at times. Then you get a bout of sweetness.. SO much love and tenderness. There's betrayal and loss. Again, roller coaster ride you won't want to get off!




The story is told mostly thru Cathy's pov with past and present chapters. Along the way you get both Ben and Arsen's pov a couple of times. I really enjoyed it like that.

You are immediately introduced to Cathy and given a punch in the gut with what has broken her. Gut wrenching sadness. Have your tissues handy.


             


Along the way you get Ben and Cathy's beautiful story of love and adoration. I SO am in love with Ben and felt so horribly bad for him. Ben is the perfect man and husband who was so intensely in love with his wife. Nobody and nothing existed outside of his wife Cathy.
In walks Arsen!! He is young, rich and hot. Not an emotional guy into attachments and responsibility, right? Wrong. I LOVED Arsen also. I felt for him too. I was SO angry and upset about 80% in with Arsen, I couldn't believe what was happening. Thank god for the Epilogue.. but it crushed me to pieces!!! CRUSHED me!! 

                 

I originally gave Arsen 4 stars because of a couple of reasons... I do not like cheaters. Cathy was broken, in many ways... but all could have been avoided if she'd only been honest and opened up to Ben. Then again, everything happens for a reason and the story couldn't have ended the way it had, had she not cheated.
Also, there was a point towards the end where it just jumped ahead years and I was unhappy! I wanted to know what happened during that time!
BUT, I honestly can't get this book out of my head! That alone makes it 5 stars!!


Arsen is a MUST READ! Crazy emotional!






Amazon








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...