Friday, April 3, 2015

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma





She is pretty and talented - sweet sixteen and never been kissed. He is seventeen; gorgeous and on the brink of a bright future. And now they have fallen in love. But... they are brother and sister.


Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings. Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As defacto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives—and the way they understand each other so completely—has also also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be. So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love. Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right. As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: a love this devastating has no happy ending.






WOW! Just WOW!! 

Forbidden is a beautifully written story of sadness, family and love.
I don't want to give anything away to future readers.. just know that all I knew before I started was brother and sister who fall in love and be ready to cry! That's enough right? It was for me and it will be for you!


"I refuse to let labels from the outside world spoil the happiest day of my life.

The day we finally broke free of our restraints and gave way to the feelings we had so long denied just because we happened to be brother and sister."


I found myself rooting so hard for Lochan and Maya despite being siblings. This story messed with my brain!
Yes this is ultimately about the love between a brother and sister, but there is so much more than that. 
I felt so deeply for this family of five children, especially Lochan. He was carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders and it was breaking him. It was breaking me reading it.
Even with all the sadness and heartbreaking moments I wasn't crying tears!
I made it all the way to 85% and then the dam broke!!


I was flabbergasted at what was happening and was kicking myself for wondering where my tears had previously been. They caught up to me and didn't stop until the very last sentence. More than once I gasped in shock while continuing to cry.


I woke up the next morning immediately thinking of what happened and why???!!! 


Why did it have to happen this way? Why couldn't things have been different?

This beautiful story will have you turning the events over and over in your mind for days after.

A must read in my opinion!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...